So, don't know if anyone is actually reading this with my infrequent posting, but I'll try anyway.
We were going to go camping this weekend. However, we decided on Friday morning that the weather was just not going to cooperate this time. It was definitely worth losing our one night deposit to not have to battle a couple of days in the rain and then dry out all of our gear when we returned. We didn't get to go camping at all during the month of April, so we are definitely ready to go again.
Well, we now had a free weekend. Jake had a game Friday night, but that was our only scheduled event. We decided to do our Switcheroo Weekend. Yes, I have to thank Donny and Kendra for the idea. It's a great one!
Saturday, D and I went to Grapevine Mills Mall to play Lunar Golf. D has been begging to play, so this was the perfect opportunity. On the way, we stopped at QT for him to choose a drink and a treat. I also bought REAL bubblegum. What a day already! One of the big highlights for him at the mall was getting to eat at the Food Court. I cracked up that he thought it was pretty special. He chose Burger King. We played two rounds of Lunar Golf. Thankfully we were just playing for fun, b/c D basically just scooted the ball at each hole until it eventually made it into the cup. We had glow in the dark necklaces and all of our clothes glowed in the black light. What more could we want?
While D and I played golf, J wanted to put together his first model airplane with Paul. First, they stopped to eat lunch at Taco Cabana. Then it was off to Hobby Lobby with a coupon in hand! They found a P-51 Mustang model. It was quite the afternoon for J building the model alongside Paul. When D and I returned, they had just finished building it and were getting ready to paint it. Today, they added the detail paint and all of the decals. J is so extremely proud of his model. I think this will be a fun activity they will continue to enjoy together.
So today, we switched kids after church. D wanted to build his own model, too. After church, they ate lunch at Taco Bueno and made a trip to Michael's (again, w/ a coupon). I think it's hilarious that Paul visited both Hobby Lobby and Michael's during his time with the boys! They picked a Star Wars model that was a little simpler than J's. At first, Drew didn't quite understand the point of a model, since you can't take it apart and rebuild it or even play with it! After all of the building, they headed to DQ for a treat.
J and I were off to Game Works at Grapevine Mills Mall (again!). I don't even like the mall, and I ended up there twice in a weekend. First, J and I ate at Panda Express. D is not a huge Chinese-food fan, so we don't eat it as often as we would like. After Panda Express, I took J to Starbuck's! What a treat for both of us. He LOVED his decaf caffe mocha, who wouldn't, right? Then it was time for Game Works. We had a fun time playing video games together, taking turns, and letting J show me how to do each one. Normally, on switcheroo, we do more outdoor activities, but this weekend's weather wouldn't cooperate with us. I am so glad we had a free weekend to spend some individual time with each boy. It's so good for our relationship with each of them.
So that's our switcheroo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
FUN! That is too funny that Paul was in the craft store twice this weekend and you were at Grapevine Mills twice! I wish I would have seen you. I love the Switcheroo Weekend idea. I wonder how you do that with 3, I will have to ask Kendra about that!
Post a Comment