Well, it's been a month, so I guess it's time to post something. I have the perfect topic...D's birthday.
D turned 6 on Friday. He had quite the day taking cupcakes to school. Then we had Pizza Hut pizza and watched Bolt for our pizza movie night, which is EVERY Friday night. The big deal with the Pizza Hut pizza is that normally, I'm too budget conscious about the pizza and always pick up Papa Murphy's. D watches the TV commercials for Papa John's and Pizza Hut, and he's "dying" to have one of those instead. He's so "tired" of Papa Murphy's. SO, for his birthday, he had the chance to pick, and Pizza Hut won. He was so thrilled to have Pizza Hut. Of course, he doesn't know it, but I picked their cheapest Pizza Mia pizza, and honestly it didn't taste any better that Little Ceasars. I'll probably never get that one again, but he loved it just b/c it was from Pizza Hut!
Here are some fun things about D:
D's 6 Favorite Foods:
1. Hot Dogs
2. Macaroni and Cheese
3. Bread
4. Cheese
5. Bananas
6. Cheese Pizza
D's 6 Favorite Toys
1. Lego
2. Action Figures
3. Nerf Guns
4. Tinker Toys
5. Wii
6. Playstation
D's 6 Favorite Vegetables
1. Carrots
2. Broccoli
3. Celery (w/peanut butter: Ants on a Log)
4. Cottage Cheese (I told him this was dairy, but he wanted to add this to the list)
5. Green Beans
6. Peas
He thought it would be fun to add a couple lists, so the toys and vegetables lists were his addition.
Last night we had a family dinner here at the house to celebrate D. He picked out the menu of Lasagna and Garlic Bread and a Lemon Cake. I added a salad and then carrot sticks to round it out, but D informed me that he didn't have to eat any vegetables on his birthday. I agreed. I haven't made a lasagna in several years. I don't know why, but I hadn't. It was so delicious. However, in his excitement for presents, D didn't eat much of this greatly anticipated lasagna (he's been talking about lasagna at his birthday meal for MONTHS). I asked him after dinner,
Me: Did you like your lasagna?
D: No
M: I'm sorry, I thought you liked it
D: I don't know what happened. The last time I had it, I LOVED it!..........Oh, I know, someone else made it.
(Yes, the last time we had a lasagna was when someone brought us lasagna during our move process when the class was bringing us dinners. So apparently, my homemade one just didn't measure up! haha)
Now to the Lemon Cake. It was DELICIOUS. If you like lemon, you'll love this cake. If someone wants the recipe, I can put it on here. Just comment that you want it and I'll post it. I hadn't made it before, and it turned out great. I'm always trying out new recipes on people, so I'm always a little nervous.
Now on to something sappy. Here are 6 things I LOVE about D.
1. His freckles
2. His eyelashes (both of my boys have these amazingly long and thick eyelashes that curl just right!)
3. His ability to call a spade a spade. Everything for this boy is black and white. You definitely know where you stand with him. He's not going to sugar-coat anything. Although we are constantly working on this in developing people skills, it's great knowing that D is his own man!
4. His laugh. Oh, that boy has a great laugh
5. His very dry sense of humor. He always has a zinger that gets us all laughing.
6. His determination. When he decides something, he will accomplish it.
So those are some things about D. I have more to write, but it's time to pay attention to the kids! They've finished playing Wii today. Now it's breakfast and then off to church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Drew! I am glad the pizza was a success. I have to admit the one time I had the Pizza Mia, I was not impressed at all, something just wasn't right. And the lasagna story is hilarious! I love his list too. Would you ask him to come over and help my kids learn to like all those vegetables!
Post a Comment