Friday, April 2, 2010

J is in Surgery 4/2/10

J is in surgery right now, so I thought I would distract myself by learning how to upload pics easily from my memory card. Everyone should be so proud of me!

I've had a knot in my stomach this morning. This is such a new experience for me. I've always been able to not dwell on the bad stuff, focusing on the positive. However, it's just different when it's your kiddo. I have to consciously choose to focus on the good things. Breathing prayers to remind myself of the Lord's faithfulness. Wow! How unable am I to go through this on my own. How much I've realized I need the strength of my family and friends to go through this. How dependent I am on the encouraging words of others when I don't have it in myself.



J is such an amazing kid. I love watching him. He makes me a better mom through all of this. He has such strength and bravery through all of this...



It's now 9:47...I really think that we should be hearing from the doctors at any moment....ooh they just called. Signing off.


I'm back. It's 10:15. Paul is back there with J right now. We can only go one at a time. The doctor said everything went really well. The port is in a good position. Just need to watch the healing of the incision. His skin is very fragile from the steroids he is on. Thankfully, he'll have a week to heal before the next infusion. And then, I THINK, it's a month between each IVIG infusion. I don't know if they'll still be doing the solumedrol every two weeks or not.




Here is J getting ready for his first baseball game of the season on Monday. He'll be off for a couple of weeks, healing from the surgery, but I thought I would include this picture of him being his regular self.

1 comment:

Cox Family said...

Tami,

I definitely can relate to what you are going through, as you know. I always have to tell myself to focus on the positive too. Continue to keep us posted, you guys are also in our prayers.