Saturday, April 10, 2010

4/10/10-A day at Scottish-Rite

So, I'm still getting used to posting pics. These are completely backward order, and I don't know how to move them around in my post. Hopefully you'll get the idea. Because J's medicine started so late yesterday (4:30), they can't start his medicine today until 2:30. I arrived at the hospital this morning at 9:30, so that Paul could take D to his soccer game. J had been playing some DS, so we took a break and decided to head outside. Actually, at first we were hoping to go to Child Life here at the hospital, not realizing it was closed on the weekend. Last time J was in the hospital, it was a Mon-Wed., so Child Life was available all the time. We had forgotten that it was the middle of the week. Oh well. It led to an even better idea. We decided to take a walk outside and go to the park. We headed back to the room to get sunscreened, and then outside. What a beautiful day!!!!! It was so nice to spend about an hour walking around in such amazing weather.

Here is J in front of the entrance sign. We had a great time exploring the campus. It was really nice to walk and chat with J. He has so much to tell me, and I love every minute of it. He loves to chat about the new books he's reading. With being unable to play at recess or particpate in gym and now a long hospital stay, J has been reading through a TON of books. I'm amazed at the number of pages he can read. Seriously, he's read through about 7 or 8 books in two different series, totalling a couple thousand pages. It's unreal! He's getting read to finish a book right now. He's trying to save the last 100 pages until his infusion starts ;)





Walking through one of the gardens. There are tons of beautiful places on the Scottish-Rite campus and it really made our walk this morning enjoyable!


Isn't this rose beautiful? I just had to take a picture of it. Actually there were many to choose from.





Playing with the funhouse mirrors on the playground.



Another angle....I didn't look too attractive in my picture, so I'm choosing not to post it!






All smiles!










One thing J loves while being in the hospital, is the almost unlimited DS time. Normally, we have a pretty strict DS/Wii schedule. But the rules go away on hospital days. We definitely have lots of other things to do, but he is getting PLENTY of fun time with the DS!



1 comment:

Kendra said...

good job, friend! I read them all! Love seeing your sweet boys (yes, I even think Paul is mostly sweet...) even if it's only on the computer. Love you