Okay, so Holly reminded me that I should update my blog. I didn't realize it had been so long. In the blogging world, I feel pressured to upload pictures, but I never feel like doing that. I figure no one really wants to read my ramblings without pics to look at, too. So, Holly, you asked for it. Here's an update.
We have found a church. God is so faithful. We visited The Branch, the satellite church for Farmers Branch. It's been right under our noses the entire time. Of course, we always knew that it was an option, but we just wanted something closer. We were hoping to be able to connect with people from church who also live in M---. Well, after talking with Philip and Aimee about our dilemma, they really encouraged us to give it a try. We are so glad they planted that seed in us. We were so excited to try it, but with traveling over Christmas, we had to wait until this past Sunday. It was amazing. Of course, it reminded me so much of RHCC that it felt like home immediately. We will be going to the orientation class this week. We will also get involved in trying out a small group this week too.
We are so thankful the LORD allowed us to go through this time. It gave us the opportunity to search for what was important to us. We really discussed each church and what we liked or felt was missing for us. It was so amazing how Paul and I were completely in synch with one another with what we desired from our church. That is a complete display of God's faithfulness. One thing I prayed in this process was that neither Paul nor I would feel that we were compromising in finding our church home. Each of us had things we desired in a church family, many were the same, but we placed a different priority on others. From the first prayer during service, Paul and I knew that we were in the right place.
The other amazing part was watching our boys during service. They were engaged in the praise and worship, and they also seemed so comfortable. Both of us noticed their behavior that it showed they felt it was the right place, even if they were unable to articulate that.
We are obviously thankful for this next phase in our move to begin. We have truly felt a void during this time where we weren't weekly connecting with a church family. To all of our RHCC friends, remember what an amazing place it is. Truly amazing.
So, that's it. We continue to become more familiar with M--- each week. Baseball signups are happening now, and the boys want to play. That will be fun.
Hope you enjoyed the post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I enjoyed the post! And I'm so glad you have found a church home . . God IS good. But I still wish your church home was right here . .I miss ya! HOpe you are having a nice MLK day
I so get your post! I still miss RHCC, especially the friendships!!
So glad you guys have found a church. I am sure you will enjoy hearing Chris every week.
Post a Comment