Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Just Because

Well, I have no new news, but I thought I should put something on the blog. I'm watching the election results, wondering what will happen. Paul just returned from flying, and we were all so excited to see him. When Daddy gets home from a trip, we all love to have his attention. Right now, the boys hustled to finish getting ready for bed, D read one of his books to Paul, and now Paul is telling the boys a story before bed.





I'm so glad that God picks out just the perfect person to be our spouse. He certainly did that for me. Paul is so creative. It's amazing how he can tell such detailed and exciting stories complete with sound effects. All I could do is proofread them if he ever wrote all of them down. I do not have much creativity, but I'm blessed to have a sweet hubby who has an abundance of it.




I just remembered that I have pics of the boys from trick or treating. I was out of town for the annual Quilt Festival in Houston over the weekend. Paul took the boys over to our friends' house in Keller for a fun get together and then trick or treating in their neighborhood. It was funny that our boys and theirs both had chosen the Star Wars Clone and Darth Vader as their costumes.

















J and D are decked out and ready to get some candy. J did learn a lesson this year in his trick or treating. He was running ahead of the group. He ran up to a house that Paul had already decided to avoid, because it looked too scary. In his excitement, J arrived at the house ahead of Paul and a very realistic Werewolf jumped out and scared J nearly half to death. I think he'll be staying closer to the grown-ups next year.









The boys counting their treats. I heard a little too late that the boys traded their candy to each get what they wanted. Apparently it was quite a project. Well, I didn't realize this when I came home from Houston. I just dumped all of the candy into a bowl on the counter. It was very disappointing to the boys that I quickly undid all of their hard work.

Thanks, honey, for being so supportive in me going to Houston for the weekend. It was a great time. I love going every year. I came back very inspired to finish a couple of projects and get started on some new ones. I love that feeling.

I feel that this post is completely random. Sorry about all of the topic hopping. Happy Election night. I don't know if I'll be too happy by the end of the evening.




























1 comment:

Monica said...

MOM you dumped ALL the candy together???? That is kind of funny. I am glad they had a good Halloween. Quilting convention??? I can say I will never attend one of those. I will call you when I am cold and need a quilt. See God doesn't just give us the right spouses he gives us the right friends. : )